|Sponsor||Penang Future Foundation|
|Deadline||31 May – 20 June 2019|
|Organisation Type||Penang State Government|
|Local / Abroad||Local / Twinning Program|
About Penang Future Foundation 2019 Scholarship:
PENANG FUTURE FOUNDATION, made possible by donations from private sectors and individuals, is a scholarship program awarded by the Penang State Government to outstanding and deserving Malaysians to pursue their undergraduate studies in Malaysia. This is one of the State’s initiatives to stem the tide of brain drain and nurture Penang as a talent hub. While the scholarships are open to all eligible Malaysians regardless of race, religion and gender, preference will be given to outstanding and deserving youths from single, low to middle-income families. Upon successful completion of studies, the sponsored scholars are required to work in Penang in organizations of their choice, be it in the private or public sector.
PENANG FUTURE FOUNDATION aims to be the ladders of opportunity our Malaysian youths can climb on or the escalators that propel young Malaysians towards a better future. To help us help young bright Malaysians, PENANG FUTURE FOUNDATION constantly welcomes contributions from private sectors and donors.
- Minimum CGPA of 3.00 in STPM/ Foundation/ Matriculation/ Diploma/ UEC & equivalent; OR
Currently pursuing undergraduate course in Malaysia IPT with minimum CGPA of 3.00; and
- Household income not more than RM 5,000 per month (equivalent to RM 60,000 annualized); and
- *Parents’ 2 years tax return/ BE Form must be attached*
- Malaysian 25 years or younger; and
- Entering/ Currently pursuing full time first undergraduate Degree (fully accredited by MQA) in Malaysia
Accepted Higher Education Institution:
Public and Private Universities (IPTA & IPTS) in Malaysia
MQA fully-accredited courses in Science*, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) and Accountancy/ Finance
NOT APPLICABLE for Post-Graduate Degree or Professional Qualifications
- Living Allowance of RM 600 per month (to be paid out quarterly)
- Tuition Fee not exceeding RM 60,000 for the entire course (based on actual amount invoiced by the university/ pays directly to university)
- Award only takes effect upon execution of scholarship agreement and does not cover retrospective tuition fee/ living expenses incurred by the scholar.
Maintenance of Scholarship:
- Must maintain CGPA of 3.00 and above at all times.
- The reminder of possible revocation will be served for any semester of CGPA below 3.00.
- Timely submission of the latest examination slip at the end of each semester.
Priority will be given to:
- Penangite or studied in Penang
- Academic Achievements
- Good cognitive skills ie: leadership, communication, teamwork
- Recipient of state/ national/ international level prize/award; both academic and non-academic
- To work in any organization of own choice (private OR public sector) in PENANG
- Bond Period calculated based on the value of Tuition Fee AND Living Allowance sponsored; one year of service for every RM 20,000.
- Bond is served by the period of actual employment in Penang
- Minimum one-year service bond, maximum of EIGHT years, based on the following structure:
|Tuition Fee AND Living Allowance Sponsored||Service Bond|
|Less or equal to RM 20,000||1 Year|
|> RM 20,000 – RM 40,000||2 Years|
|> RM 40,000 – RM 60,000||3 Years|
|> RM 60,000 – RM 80,000||4 Years|
|> RM 80,000 – RM 100,000||5 Years|
|> RM 100,000 – RM 120,000||6 Years|
|> RM 120,000 – RM 140,000||7 Years|
|> RM 140,000 – RM 160,000||8 Years|
- Click on this link:
- Online application opens once a year. Refer to the announcement at home page.
- Submit application and supporting documents via online only. (Application and documents submitted over the counter or send in via post or email will not be accepted.)
- Meet the minimum eligibility criteria. Applications received will be automatically filtered by the system.
- Shortlisting done based on merits which include but not limited to:
- Priority criteria
- Allocation as determined by PFF for each discipline
- Shortlisted students are called up to attend an interview before panels convened by PFF.
- Students to bring with them on interview day, original copies of all documents submitted during the application process.
- Manual verification of documents will be done prior to the interview.
- The final decision by the members of the Selection Committee.
- Online Application Link:
- Penang Future Foundation 2019 Scholarship – Penang Scholar