|Sponsor||Hong Leong Group|
|Deadline||31 May 2019|
|Organisation Type||Private Sector / Organization|
| Fund Type||Scholarship|
|Local / Abroad||Local|
- Malaysian citizen at least 17, and under 25 years old
- Obtained a minimum academic result of 8As in SPM or 6As in UEC; and/ or CGPA 3.5 in STPM/ Matriculation/ ALevel/ Foundation/ Diploma/ Degree
- Applied for and expecting to receive an offer for a Diploma or Undergraduate Degree programme in any course in any of the local institutions recognised by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA)(http://bit.do/MalaysianQualificationsAgency).
- Total monthly household income must be RM 3,000 and below.
- Display genuine financial need to further studies.
- Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate leadership qualities; who excel in extra-curricular activities and/or sports; and/or who actively engage in community service.
- Persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- For further clarification and guidance to qualify to apply for this scholarship, please read and understand the frequently asked questions (FAQs) section pertaining to the Hong Leong Undergraduate Scholarships programme at https://hongleongcsr.org/index.php/hong-leong-foundation/education/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarship. Student must complete first year or two (2) semesters at IPTA/IPTS
- Degree programme with minimu
- Undergraduate courses in Public Universities – RM 8,500/= p.a.
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma courses in Public & local Private Universities – RM 6,000/= p.a.
- Undergraduate studies at local private universities (“3+0” degree programmes on full-time and on-campus basis) – up to RM 24,000/= p.a.
- Medicine/Dentistry courses in local Private Universities – up to RM 32,000/= p.a Subsistence: RM 3,500.00 per semester
- The HLF Undergraduate Scholarship is a non-bonding scholarship.
- This scholarship is NOT applicable for: Preparatory courses for university or college (e.g. pre-university or pre-college foundation studies and/or programmes), International twinning programmes, Masters or PhD or any other postgraduate programmes
- The process of selecting scholars under this programme takes a minimum of 3 months from the Closing Date to when scholars are conditionally selected for an award.
- Shortlisting of online applications. (1 Month)
- Interview session for shortlisted candidates. (1 Month) *If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to bring along the original or certified true copy supporting documents to the interview.
- Final selection of 2019 Hong Leong Foundation scholars (1 Month)
- Hong Leong Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Award Ceremony (September 2019)
- You are required to complete ALL the compulsory sections, and ensure that you provide complete and accurate details. The information is very important for our evaluation process. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to bring along the original or certified true copy supporting documents to the interview.
- Please note that the information you enter on this form cannot be saved. Please prepare the answers prior to starting the application.
- You are required to share – “Reason For Apply This Scholarship” as set out in the application form. Please answer this question in not more than 200 words. The writing MUST BE original and every writing submitted will be analysed by plagiarism detection software.
- Additionally, you are required to upload the following documents:
- Latest examination results
- Total household monthly income
- Parent’s or guardian’s NRIC number
- You have to apply online.
- You must have a GMAIL email account to complete the online application form. You may use your existing GMAIL account or if you don’t have one, do create a GMAIL email account to proceed with the application.
- Please read the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ) thoroughly to fully understand the HLF Scholarship offers before applying.
- Source: https://hongleongcsr.org/index.php/hong-leong-foundation/education/scholarships/undergraduate-scholarship