This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Adib 11 months, 2 weeks ago.
June 14, 2019 at 2:22 pm #1155
Cagamas Berhad (Cagamas), the National Mortgage Corporation of Malaysia, was established in 1986 to promote the broader spread of house ownership and growth of the secondary mortgage market in Malaysia. Cagamas issues debt securities to finance the purchase of housing loans from primary lenders. The provision of liquidity at a reasonable cost to the primary lenders of housing loans encourages further expansion of financing for houses at an affordable cost.
The Cagamas Scholarship Award is intended to reach out to deserving Malaysians who are in need of financial aid to pursue their education.
Applicant must meet all the below requirements:
1. The scholarship will be offered on a yearly basis to successful applicants, to undertake up to four years of undergraduate studies locally.
2. This notice of offer for the scholarship is open for applications from all Malaysian students in need of funding. Students who have started their undergraduate studies are also eligible to apply provided they meet the requirements.
3. You must be a Malaysian citizen under 25 years old;
4. You must have good academic results in SPM/STPM or equivalent (with credits in Bahasa Malaysia and English);
5. You must be a full-time student and have gained admission into any of the courses related to the field of studies listed here, which has been approved and accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), in a college or university in Malaysia as approved by Cagamas;
6. Not be in a position to take on the course without financial aid or award;
7. Not be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation;
8. Not have been terminated from or ceased to be in receipt of any other scholarship, financial aid or award from any institution, organisation or foundation, due to disciplinary action against the applicant; and
9. Applications will only be considered if they meet the eligibility criteria; the specific field of study and the list of colleges and universities as approved by Cagamas.
The list of pre-requisites includes:
1. Maximum household combined salary of not more than RM 4,000. It is a requirement for the applicant to provide information on the parents’ income;
2. The offer of scholarship will be subject to acceptance of the terms and conditions of a scholarship agreement with Cagamas; and
3. Recipients of the scholarship award will be required to fulfil conditions as set out in the scholarship agreement including, but not limited to, maintaining a minimum ‘Cumulative Grade Point Average’ (CGPA) of 3.00 or achieve a minimum of ‘Second Class Upper’ in the final examinations.
ELIGIBLE FIELDS OF STUDY
Banking / Islamic Banking
Finance / Islamic Finance
Financial Banking and Management
Economics / International Financial Economics
Law / Shariah Law
Computer Science/ Information Technology
Technology-Based Fields related to Financial Industry
APPROVED LIST OF COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES
Public Higher Education Institutions:
Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
Universiti Malaya (UM)
Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM)
Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
Private Higher Education Institutions:
Multimedia University (MMU)
Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN)
Universiti Tun Abdul Razak (UNIRAZAK)
Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
Universiti Selangor (UNISEL)
Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC)
1. Up to RM10,000 a year in the course and other fees including hostel fees, or the actual cost, whichever is lower;
2. Up to RM2,000 in allowances for learning aids including books, computer, stationeries and other materials per semester or up to RM4,000 per year;
3. Up to a maximum of RM6,000 allowance per year or RM500 per month;
4. There will be no bond to this scholarship and the recipients are not required to repay the amount of scholarship awarded.
An induction programme will be provided to all recipients of the Cagamas Scholarship Award. This is to ensure the recipients understand the mandate, vision, mission and values of Cagamas.
Each scholar will be assigned a “mentor” from the Senior Management Team and selected Management Team. The mentor is to provide consistent and continuous mentoring throughout the duration of the scholar’s programme. This is to ensure that the scholars have the necessary support and are able to leverage on their mentors’ experiences.
In summary, the programme will cover the above fees and allowances up to a maximum of RM20,000 per person per annum.
Cagamas may discontinue the scholarship or any part of the scholarship, at any time should the recipient of the scholarship:
1. Be unable to continue his or her studies, for whatever reason;
2. Fail to achieve a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) and Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.0 in any semester;
3. Fail to maintain conduct which is consistent with the rules and regulations specified by the college or university and is placed on probation; or
4. Is in breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Cagamas scholarship agreement.
More info about this scholarship: https://www.cagamas.com.my/scholarship-programme